6 tablespoons butter (divided)
1/4 cup flour
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 large onion, small chopped
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 large carrot, small chopped
1 to 2 large avocado, chopped
1 bell pepper chopped (any color green, yellow and red)
5 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a skillet over low heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Melt remaining 3 tbsp. in 5 quart Dutch oven or large saucepan over low heat. Add flour whisking constantly (Just remember with butter and flour you are making a roux or as if you were making gravy!)
Gradually, adding chicken stock and cream; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes (or until mixture is thickened and bubbly, whisking constantly.)
Stir in vegetables (onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper) into cream mixture (or into your gravy). Add chopped jalapeños. Stir until blended. If soup seems too thick, add extra chicken stock. Season to taste with salt/pepper.
Just a few tips to change recipe:
• Add 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese after adding blended vegetables.
• Add one can drained ®Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes.
• More or less “jalapeños” same with the bell pepper, onion and garlic.
• Use half and half milk, evaporated milk and to lower fat use 2% milk.
• Garnish with Swiss cheese, baked or fried tortilla strips.