The Sweetwater Bow Hunter's Association will have their 3D Archery Shoot Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012, at Lake Trammell. The public is welcome to join in the event and it will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. The $10 shooting fee covers both days and military and youth shoot free (youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
Sign-in will be at the outdoor archery range, across the road from the lake house. Follow the dirt road next to the fish mail box to the archery range. There will be 25 targets at the hunting ranges plus one optional prize shot.
There will be no awards, no classes, just shooting, fun and fellowship. Some basic equipment will be provided for beginners/intermediates if needed. Juice and water will be around the course and light snacks will be available at sign-in. Snake prevention is encouraged to all involved. A restroom will be available. Volunteers helping to set up targets on Friday afternoon shoot free.
1. One shot per person, per target (if traffic is high).
2. Yield to faster groups.
3. Alcohol is not allowed during the shoot.
4. No vulgar language is allowed.
5. No movement or relocation of targets/obstacles.
6. Shot distance is no concern as long as it is down marked path and safe (move closer down path if necessary).
7. Compounds and traditionals only (no crossbows).
8. No broadheads, field tips only.
For more information, call Mike Hart at 325-235-2902.