You want to bring out the best for your next holiday gathering, ensuring a memorable meal for family and friends. With a few simple tips and easier-than-you-think recipes, you can do just that.
--Prep the Night Before â€” Save time by chopping vegeÂtables or prepping glazes the day before. For example, prepare the spread for Goat Cheese Bruschetta with Berry-Thyme Spread the night before. The day of the party, toast baguette slices 10 minutes before guests arrive, and the deliÂcious appetizer will come together in minutes.
--Allow for Creativity â€” Allow guests to put their own finishÂing touches on their dishes by setting out a variety of topÂpings. Raspberry Almond Waffles provide a base for your friends and family to get creative.
--Make It a Group Effort â€” Ask guests to bring their favorite holiday side dishes or desserts to complement the main course to encourage a wide variety. If youâ€™re making Red Tart Cherry Glazed Ham as the centerpiece of the meal, let guests know so they can plan accordingly.
Each of these suggestions incorporates a delicious recipe using Smuckerâ€™sÂ® Orchardâ€™s FinestÂ® Preserves, a gourmet line of preÂserves made with the best fruit from the best places. The preserves contain only four ingredients, and add rich flavor to both sweet and savory holiday dishes. From classic Pacific Mountain StrawÂberry Preserves to the new Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves, thereâ€™s a flavor thatâ€™s sure to be a hit with each guest. These holiday recipes are wonderful options to share with family and friends at your next gathering because, during the holidays, only the finest will do.
For more recipes to round out your holiday menu, visit www.smuckers.com.
Red Tart Cherry Glazed Ham
Makes: 16 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
1, 4 to 5-pound fully cooked boneless ham, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1, 12-ounce jar Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash ground cloves, if desired
2 tablespoons raisins, if desired
1. HEAT oven to 325Â°F. Overlap slices of ham in shallow baking pan; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140Â°F.
2. COMBINE preserves, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small microwave safe bowl. MicroÂwave on high for 2 minutes.
3. ARRANGE ham slices on serving platter. Spoon 1/4 cup glaze over center of ham. Serve with remainÂing warm glaze.
Goat Cheese Bruschetta with Berry-Thyme Spread
Makes: 12 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1/4 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 8-ounce baguette
1 tablespoon CriscoÂ® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ounces goat cheese
Fresh thyme leaves (optional), for garnish
1. COMBINE preserves, shallots, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper in small bowl.
2. SLICE baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Brush both sides of each slice lightly with olive oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Grill baguette slices, 4 at a time, 2 to 3 minÂutes per side or until lightly browned. Place on serving platter.
3. SPREAD about 2 teaspoons goat cheese over each baguette slice. Top each slice with 1 teaÂspoon preserves mixture. Garnish with addiÂtional fresh thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: Triple Berry-Thyme Spread can be preÂpared up to two days ahead. Cover and chill.
Raspberry Almond Waffles
Makes: 10 (6-inch) waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1, 14-ounce can Eagle BrandÂ® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
3 large eggs
2 cups Pillsbury BESTÂ® All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 cup heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves or 2/3 cup Smuckerâ€™s Red Raspberry Preserves
2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
30 fresh red raspberries
1. COAT waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Heat waffle iron according to manuÂfacturerâ€™s directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk for topping.
2. WHISK eggs in large bowl until fluffy. Blend in remaining sweetened condensed milk, flour, water, oil, baking powder, salt and almond extract just until batter is smooth. Stir in chopped almonds.
3. POUR a scant 2/3 cup of batter onto center of hot waffle iron and close lid. Bake about 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops. Use a fork to remove waffle. Repeat with remainÂing batter.
1. BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add reserved 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Beat
2. SPREAD each waffle with 1 tablespoon preserves. Top with whipped cream, toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.
*To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonÂstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.
Dress It Up:
Here are four delicious ways to dress up your holiday salads. Just start with this basic vinaigrette recipe, and mix in your favorite Smuckerâ€™sÂ® Orchardâ€™s FinestÂ® Preserves flavor and one other simple ingredient.
Basic Vinaigrette â€” Mix 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 1/4 cup CriscoÂ® Pure Canola Oil.
--Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette â€” Add 1/2 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Pacific Mountain StrawÂberry Preserves and 2 teaspoons finely minced basil.
--Raspberry Cranberry and Rosemary Vinaigrette â€” Add 1/2 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves and 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary.
--Citrus Ginger Vinaigrette â€” Add 1/2 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Pacific Grove Orange Marmalade Medley and 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger root.
--Apricot Ginger Vinaigrette â€” Add 1/2 cup Smuckerâ€™s Orchardâ€™s Finest Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves and 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger root.