- Special Sections
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) was called to the scene of a two vehicle head-on collision Friday evening in Taylor County. The crash happened at 8:21 p.m. on Texas 36 and the intersection with County Road 107 (known locally as Potosi Road). Two people are dead and five are injured in the crash.
1. Jeffery Dane Davis, 27 years of age from Abilene, was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Deatherage. The body was taken to Abilene Professional Services. Mr. Davis was the driver of the Dodge Pickup.
2. Lindsey Lee Smith, 20 years of age from New Braunfels, was pronounced dead at the scene by Judge Deatherage. The body was taken to Abilene Professional Services. Ms. Smith attended Abilene Christian University and was a passenger in the Ford Pickup.
1. Robert Lloyd Braddock, 20 years of age from Deer Park.
2. Eric Terrazas, 20 years of age from Argyle.
3. Calli Kerbo, 18 years of age from Murfreesboro, Tenn.
4. Rebekah Cherniss, 18 years of age from Katy.
5. Deanna Lynn Romero, 19 years of age from Omaha, Neb.
Braddock was taken to Hendrick Medical Center by medical helicopter. The other injured were taken to Hendrick Medical Center by ambulance.
All of the injured and Lindsey Lee Smith (deceased) are from Abilene Christian University and were in the 1996 Ford Quad Cab Pickup.
Davis was driving a 2003 Dodge Pickup on Potosi Road and turned toward Abilene at the intersection with Texas 36. Braddock was driving a 1996 Ford Quad Cab Pickup traveling away from Abilene on Texas 36.
Davis disregarded the stop sign and struck the pickup with the six ACU students head on. The weather is clear and the roadway dry. Trooper Lance Outland is investigating the crash.